The company was founded in 1973 and initially provided surface preparation and protective coatings application services to the shipyards and industrial plants in the North East of England.
Since that date the company's service range has expanded to include a range of related industrial services which are delivered to the marine, offshore energy, power, pharmaceutical, rail and oil & gas markets in the UK and Eire.
Our Vision is to be "The supplier of choice in the provision of multi-discipline specialist industrial services."
The company has specific expertise in the provision of protective coating application services. It is this expertise, combined with the ability to provide a number of complementary services that has made Wood Group Industrial Services Limited a UK market leader in complex protective coating projects.
Today the company employs in excess of 2,200 people with annual revenues of over £136m in 2014 and a secured order book in excess of £150m.
- Provide a range of complementary specialist services to create, maintain and extend the life of critical customer assets
- Operate a balanced business in four major markets
- Maintain long term relationships with blue chip clients in our target sectors
- Recruit, retain, and develop an excellent work force and senior management team
- Operate best in class systems and procedures for our business activities
These services are provided to a wide and ever increasing range of market sectors that include the following: